Thursday, December 3, 2009

Keeping d kids bz...

Today is our 3rd day in Turkmenbashy and the 2nd day at our rented house when my husband has started going back to work. So it's just me at home and d kids. The TV has Turk & Russian channels, none can be understood. We can't go out becos it's cold, we're still not familiar with the place, and despite having some shops nearby, I wudn't want to bring d 3 kids crossing streets at foreign places... So basically stuck at home, as anticipated. So how I keep my kids bz?...

As I type, the eldest n 2nd is coloring using magic marker on art paper. I brought along a whole art block for them. The lil one is just observing, but i bet in a few minutes, he'll start disturbing the bigger brothers and at some point will start to cry. He's been very moody and grumpy lately, maybe not used to the new environment. So maybe I will distract him with his toy blocks which I also brought along on this trip. Other things I brought to keep them bz are activity books, mathematic exercise books, magazines, paint set, jigsaw puzzle. Me? The Internet keeps me bz already ;)

OK, just some pics of our house here. It's not too big but comfy enough. Rental is an unbelievable USD 500/month! *can't stay here too long...* It's at the lowest floor. On the first day we had black-out for 1-2 hours. Today the gas ran out and the heaters' not working. Water supply seems to hv reduced today as well. Ok, time for lunch... Hope the heater & water will be back online soon...


















So far surviving... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment